Sunday, October 23, 2011

We've Come a Long Way, Baby!

We really have come a long way, Baby!  Low cal food use to taste like, well, low cal food.  Now, low call/healthy tastes just as good as their higher calorie and higher fat cousins.  In fact, the hubby has come to love several of the low cal options I buy; and while walking through Meijer tonight, he saw a bag of all natural Popchips and actually said, "Mmmm, those sound pretty good!"  And you know what?  Two out of two Days agreed that they were good!

One of my favorite low cal lines is Skinny Cow.  I've always liked their ice cream treats, and the hubby has come to love the strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwiches.  Tonight, I gave their new candy a try; and I give it two thumbs WAY up!  What's especially nice was that I found them at the register with their higher fat and calorie cousins.  I tried the Crisp Bar, and it was quite nice.  It definitely took care of my chocolate craving and for only 110 calories!  That's 1/2 the calories of a package of Reese's Cups or 160 calories less than a Butterfinger (two of my old favorites).

Check out the full line at http://www.skinnycow.com/.
 

No comments: