Saturday, November 26, 2011

Choo! Choo!

I can feel my train starting to derail.  Yesterday, Amy was not a smart eater.  I started off good - mushrooms and scrambled eggs for breakfast.  I then had a mushroom and Swiss burger from Burger King.  Not smart, and my stomach started telling me so shortly after the last bite.  Still, I could have slowed the train down and stayed on track.  After a nice walk around the zoo, the day could have ended in a success if I hadn't been the one to say, "I'm thinking Tommy's Pizza for dinner."  STILL, even with going to Tommy's, I could have stayed on track by getting a small cheese pizza and a nice big salad with oil and vinegar, but what did I do?  "Oh, who wants to split a large pepperoni pizza with me?  Oh, just Paul?  Well, ok!  Oh, and waitress, I'll take Ranch dressing with my side salad.  Nice, thick, homemade Ranch dressing.  And yes, because it costs an extra $1, I'll dip my pizza crust in it until it's all gone.  Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm."

It happens.  The key is what I do now.  I'm already trying to get my train back on track.  I recorded everything.  I'm working on eating healthy today, tomorrow, and beyond.  I'm not going to let this train derail!  NOT!  GOING!  TO!  DO!  IT!

That's me talking myself up.  I'm a little afraid.  It could be so easy to get off track.  Yesterday was way too easy.  It was way too easy to ignore the smart voice in my head.  I tell you this because it's important for me to be honest.  I know there are others out there who struggle like me.  You're not alone.  I'm not alone.  There's a lot of change happening in my life.  It can be scary, but it will be worth it in the end.  

I'm working hard to stay strong, and there's something I've needed to start doing for some time.  E-X-E-R-C-I-S-E.  Ugh, yuck . . . I know I need to do it.  This is my pledge to you and to me.  I will start exercising TODAY!  Not tomorrow.  Not Monday.  Today!  Hold me to it!  Ask me - did you do it?  If I say "No" get on me.  I promise I will do it, and I promise to report to you how much I hate it but that I did it!  Stay strong!

No comments: