Monday, November 7, 2011

The Voices in My Head


The voices in my head are singing today.  "I got a feeling that tonight's gonna to be a good night.  That tonight's gonna be a good night.  That tonight's gonna be a good, good night."  That's a lot better than last week when they were singing, "Gloom, despair, and agony on me.  Deep dark depression, excessive misery . . . "

Today was very different from this time a week ago - thank goodness!  Like last week though, I had to get on the scale 4 times to believe what I was seeing.  Not only did I loose the 6 pounds I gained last week, but I lost even more!!!  I am now down 37 pounds!  To do this weekend?  Buy a new bead!  (Check back tomorrow to find out what I'm talking about with the "bead" reference!)

I can't talk about all this success without talking about some lessons I learned today.  Remember the "write it before you bite it"?  Why do I continue to not take my own advice?  I knew what I had for breakfast, and I knew what I would be having for dinner.  When it came time for lunch, I knew I had 530 calories to use, or 710 if I ousted the corn bread I was planning on having during dinner.  I ended up having a foot long veggie sub at Subway.  That wasn't the "bad" choice.  Before getting my nails done, I grabbed a Fresco Crunchy Taco from Taco Bell.  Before getting my taco, I looked up the nutrition information and knew it was a good choice.  That still wasn't my "bad" choice.  The bad choice was not checking to make sure I had the calories left after lunch and before dinner.  If I had, I would have known I needed to pass on the taco; and I needed to not eat the corn bread.

Live and learn.  This is a journey.  Tomorrow is another day!

No comments: