Friday, August 24, 2012

Walk Away From the Cookies!

Philip and I took today off to visit Amish Country and search for new bedroom furniture.  I knew we would eat at one of the Amish restaurants, and I actually planned ahead!  Instead of getting Chik-fil-a with Philip, I had eggs and fruit at home.  Then, when we stopped for snacks, I found some popcorn chips (just 120 calories for the snack bag!), a smores mix with cocoa almonds and granola (just 200 calories for the whole bag), and a bag of pretzels. 

Now, I have to be honest.  I promised I would always tell it like it is, and I am not going to stop now.  I went into the gas station in search of puff corn by Cheetos.  I don't know why, but when we are on a road trip, I crave these.  Happily, the gas station saved me from myself, and I am actually glad it did!

On the Diet Coke side of things, I was AMAZING!!!  I had 2 bottles of water with breakfast and another one before I even took a sip of Diet Coke.  We did get Diet Coke with our snacks, but it just didn't taste fabulous.  I think I drank maybe 1/4 of the cup.  Instead,  I drank the water that I also picked up.  With dinner?  Unsweetened ice tea.  Now, we did stop at McDonalds on the way home for a potty break, and I did get a Diet Coke.  Funny thing?  The other half of it is sitting up on the kitchen counter.  Instead, I'm drinking Sobe Lifewater.

Now, for the BIG excitement!  After dinner, we went over to the bakery.  The second we walked in, I spied oatmeal woopie pies!  My favorite!  I instantly grabbed the pack which contained 4 cookies.  While I refused to pick up the no-bake cookies, I still pranced around with my cookies.  Upon approaching the bakery counter, I noticed that the cookies were being sold individually.  I said to Philip, "I should probably get just one instead of this whole pack" and I promptly returned the package to the table!  My one cookie sits upstairs - untouched.  Well, I guess it has been technically touched.  I took it out and cut it into 4 pieces to savor and enjoy over a few days!  Wow!  I know! 
Tomorrow will present a new list of challenges.  I'm scrapbooking from 10:30-6:30 then going to a Crew game.  There's usually lots of snacks at scrapbooking events with pizza for dinner.  Luckily, I should miss the pizza! 

Then, it's buck a brat night at the Crew!  I don't know why, but I love me some brats at the stadium! 

Do not fear!  I have a plan!  It starts with a healthy breakfast at home followed by a salad that I will take to the crop.  For snacks?  Fruit.  Granted, that all could change once I find out the calories of a brat!

Well, I'm going to take my resolute fat girl butt to bed!  It's been 3 hours since I last ate, so I'm good to go!  Oh, yeah, that's another goal - no food for 3 hours before bedtime!

No comments: