Sunday, December 23, 2012

Get Thee Behind Me Satan!

This post is a couple days late, but I have to tell everyone about Friday.

The holidays mean gifts of food from vendors and coworkers.  I know it is that way with many organizations.  Mine is no different.  I walked in Monday to a nice tin of Cheryl's cookies from our attorney.  Whenever Cheryl's cookies arrive, there's always a race to see who gets the iced sugar cookies first; and here I stood with an entire tin ripe for the picking!  What did I do?  I promptly played Santa and went around with the tin, encouraging coworkers to take the cookies.  Instead of having a 180-190 calorie cookie, I had a 90 calorie Fiber One brownie.

The temptation Friday was worse.  I realized I was dehydrated, so I was working really hard to drink water.  The problem lay between my desk and the kitchen - the communal treat area.  Chocolates and cookies and nuts called to me with each pass.  Each time I walked to the kitchen, I thought, "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" 

I'm happy to report I resisted the temptation . . . and I got quite a bit of exercise running to the bathroom to pee every hour!  Dang water!

No comments: