Monday, December 10, 2012

Three Headed Beast

We all have them – good days and bad. Let me tell ya, today is a bad for me. There’s nothing to pinpoint the badness of it all. No lurking trolls. No deadlines. No nasty interactions. I just feel like curling up in the bed and crying. It could be that bee with an itch that comes to visit each month. It could just be the weather. Regardless, I’ve been fighting the three headed depression beast all day. One head carries a very cheesy pizza in its month. The other carries ice cream, and the final head carries a vat of margarita. It would be so easy to lay down before the depression beast and let him shovel my normal coping mechanisms down my throat. It would be so very easy.
Instead, I’m gritting my teeth. I’m pouring margarita flavored water down my throat. I’m trying to OD on fresh pineapple. Then after work, I’m going to hit the gym with my partners in crime and see if I can’t exercise the beast! I am so very thankful that my wonderful husband and my great friend joined the gym with me. Without that scheduled for the night, I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to fight the beast on my own! I’m not yet strong enough. It is going to take a long time to get the strength I need. Meanwhile, I’m forever grateful to great friends.

No comments: