Sunday, December 9, 2012

Try

I know Pink is singing about relationships, but I can't help but relate the lyrics to her new release to my personal struggles with working to get healthy.  

      Ever worried that it might be ruined
     And does it make you wanna cry?
     When you're out there doing what you're doing
     Are you just getting by?
     Tell me are you just getting by, by, by

     Where there is desire

     There is gonna be a flame
     Where there is a flame
     Someone's bound to get burned
     But just because it burns
     Doesn't mean you're gonna die
     You've gotta get up and try, try, try
     Gotta get up and try, try, try


Well, this Resolute Fat Girl has gotten up again, and she's trying, trying, trying.  There is so much desire in my heart, but the body and mind can be so weak.  I've let my weakness overtake my desire.  I've fallen back into old habits.  I've gained back the 40 I've lost.  Yes, it makes me feel ruined.  Yes, I've cried.  BUT, I've fanned that flame.  I refuse to die!



No comments: