Thursday, January 31, 2013

Times They Are a-Changin'

This time last year there is no way I would have been going to a gym; and believe you me, it would have been very easy not to go tonight.  After all . . .
  1. I'm still getting over the crud, and I was extremely weak today.
  2. I knew none of my workout buddies would be there - no hubby, no Nancy, no Shirley.
  3. It was cold and snowy and miserable.
BUT I shimmied into my bathing suit, threw on my sweatpants, packed my bag, bundled up in my coat, and threw on my ever so awesome Crew hat!  Yes, this one!
Oh, yes, I was a sight!  Let me tell you!  BUT . . . I went, and I worked it!

Another sign of the changes is my desk at work.  A year ago, it looked like this . . .
And this . . .
 And this . . .
I really DID LOVE my Diet Coke!
Now, this is the scene of my desk!

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone

If your time to you
Is worth savin' (my life was worth savin'!)
Then you better start swimmin' (or takin' water aerobics!)
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.


Come writers and critics (and those trolls in my life!)
Who prophesize with your pen (and bring me down)
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
(THAT's ME! But I'm loosing not a loser!)
Will be later to win (Watch out trolls!)
For the times they are a-changin'.
The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
(I'm getting stronger!)
As the present now
Will later be past
(You have seen the last of that Amy!)
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.


1 comment:

Shirley said...

Amy, you ROCK!!! I know how hard it is to work out alone. When you were sick it was a bummer. I know your not 100% yet but to still go and work out alone AND SICK is a BIG DEAL!!! I'm so proud of you!

Things really are changing for you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your little time line of pics!

Thanks for a blog about weight loss that's real and uplifting! We need more people like you in the world.(you sure have brightened my world!)