Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Variety is the Spice of Life!

Tomorrow is weigh-in day, and I've been meaning to post before today.  I know some of you worry when you do not see a post from me for several days; but rest assured, I've been a good little resolute fat girl!

How about a little post on food?!

With the eating plan I am doing, you are supposed to eat every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism running.  I have to say it is working well as my stomach starts growling every 2-3 hours, and I like to give it plenty of options.  When I get bored with what I'm eating, I tend to do stupid stuff.  That is why I like to find and try new things.  Here are a couple of new and yummy snacks I've found recently!

I stumbled across Vita Pizza at Giant Eagle Marketplace in the vegetarian frozen section.  I was craving pizza, but I didn't want to spend the calories.  At just 190 calories, I thought I would give it a try; and it was surprisingly tasty!  The pizza is all natural, low in fat, high in fiber, AND has 15 vitamins and minerals!  The box should taste better - right?!  Trust me, the pizza itself is tasty!  Now, I picked up a meatless pepperoni one this weekend.  (Philip says that is an oxymoron.)  I'll admit - I'm a bit leery; but as soon as I try it, I'll be sure to give a report from the taste bud front lines!


Here's another gem that I found at Giant Eagle Marketplace in the vegetarian frozen food section - Garden Lites.  The first one I tried was the spinach souffle, but I picked up a zucchini one this weekend.  The spinach remains my fav.  The zucchini tasted pretty salty, but it was still good.  Check out the info though!  2 servings of veggies!  9 grams of protein!  Only 140 calories!  Best of all, it does an excellent job of keeping me feeling full!

Got a favorite healthy snack?  Please share!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow Amy, you really do a great job on finding new things and keeping your diet exciting.

I have to tell you, Lee and I had the "fake" pepperoni. Let's just say it was the first and the last time we will ever eat it! LOL We can't wait to see if you like it!

Mom said...

Those both sound good . I will have to try them . I especially get hungry for pizza . Souffle' also looks good . It was good to see your blog today . Love and prayers , Mom.