Monday, May 13, 2013

Worried? You Should Be

I know some of you tend to worry when you don’t see a post for a while, and this time your worries were well founded.  

Amy has not been very resolute.  You know I have been bouncing around with the same 3 pounds for several weeks – lose, gain, lose, gain.  At one point, I thought I was “back”.  I thought I was on my horse and headed down the road again, but I wasn’t.  Last Wednesday (5/8), I gained those darn 3 pounds back.  In looking at the 2 week period since I lost the 3 pounds and declared I was “back”, my actions have not been pretty.
  • I haven’t been to the gym in 2 weeks. 
  • I’ve been eating pretty much what I want when I want. 
  • I haven’t written any of the food I’ve ate in my  journal in 13 days.
I will be absolutely honest . . . I have felt like pure, unadulterated crap.  

I haven’t been sleeping well, and my house has resumed its All Clutter All Day appearance.  Just walking to and from the Crew stadium wore me out Saturday.  It is amazing how fast things can go downhill. 

The only thing I have remained resolute on has been my no Diet Coke.  (I’m a little surprised I didn’t fall face first into a vat of Diet Coke, but I didn’t!)  I guess there’s a silver lining in every cloud!

I never said this was going to be an easy journey, but I’m determined to kick and claw and fight my way through it!  I am trying desperately to get back on track!
  • Today, I woke up, got ready for work, and had my protein shake for breakfast.  
  • At 10am, I had my healthy snack – Dannon Fit and Light Greek yogurt.  
  • For lunch, I am going to have a nice big salad of lettuce, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and ginger dressing along with a very small piece of the chicken lasagna I made for Mother’s Day (shout out mom!  I love you!).  That should be around 12.  
  • Around 2pm, I’ll have a snack of a whole wheat English muffin with PB2. 
  • HIT THE GYM at 6:30pm! 
I just keep reminding myself of all the success I’ve seen, how nice it feels to fit into smaller clothes, how nice it feels to have someone tell you they can see a difference in the way you are looking and feeling.  RESOLUTE!

Update:  So, I wrote this during the day, and it is now 8:52pm.  I did everything I said I would except hitting the gym.  What?!  Did I fall off that quickly?  No, hear me out . . . 

We got some very bad news today.  Our little girl, our little princess, is a very sick little girl.  She was having severe nose bleeds last, and the vet drew blood to run some tests.  Today, we got the results; and her platelets are extremely low.  A healthy dog's platelets are anywhere from 170,000 to 400,000.  Piglet's are at 32,000.  The vet thinks she has an immune disorder which is attacking her platelets.  She's on a steroid (and an antacid) for the next two weeks in the hopes of restoring her platelets.  We're also going to work some Omega3 Fatty Acids into her diet.

What does that have to do with me missing the gym?  Well, for one thing, I wanted to spend the evening with her.  The bigger thing was I needed to clean our kitchen (where they've been hanging) from top to bottom.  With extremely low platelets, she's more susceptible to getting sick; and I can't have that.

Rest assured, cleaning our kitchen from top to bottom and disinfecting every square inch of the kitchen was quite a workout.  My hair is completely soaked with sweat, and my heart rate was definitely up.  With a hospital clean kitchen, I am now sitting on the futon with the 3 greatest loves of my life.

No comments: