Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Satan! Thy Name is Brownie!

I just ran to our break room to get some ice for my water, and what pray tell was there on the table staring at me?!  Ooey, gooey, yummy, fudgy brownies!  Get thee behind me Satan!  I took the widest birth I could around that table, grabbed my ice, and ran!  I kid you not - I booked it out of that kitchen like I was being chased by the hounds of hell!  After all, I lost another 5 pounds this week!  That's 27 in all!  I was not about to ruin that with a brownie!

Still, this isn't about a diet.  It isn't about depriving myself.  It's about making smarter choices, being restrained, being smart.  After all, a girl needs her chocolate especially during that special time of the month.  With the dust settling behind me, I proceeded to a co worker's candy jar where I retrieved 2 Hershey kisses.  That's 50 calories, ya all as opposed to the 300+ that would have been in that brownie.  Back in my office with a tanker of water, I proceeded to savor my kisses.  You know I can make a kiss last for 5 bites?  Bite 1 - the tip.  Bites 2 through 4 - the base.  It might seem silly, but it allows my brain to get the message - Amy have chocolate - Amy happy.

It's all about living.

No comments: