Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Silver Lining Complete with Sprinkles!

I always try to find a silver lining.  Honestly, I'm not always 100% successful, but I try.

Today, I found an unexpected silver lining that I can't help but take advantage of!  On the way to lunch with a friend, I had to bypass the restaurant, not pass go, and not collect $100.  My stomach had decided to not play nice, and I rushed home.

After spending my lunch in the bathroom, I decided to jump on the scale just for "shits and giggles" (pun intended).  Bad news?  I wasted my lunch in the bathroom.  Good news?  I lost 4 of the 6 pounds I had gained!!! 

Now, I don't recommend jumping on the scale more than once a week.  In my experience, it can lead to tragedy.  According to my nutritionist (Shout Out, Laura!), our weight can fluctuate as much as 4 pounds up or down throughout the day.  For me, climbing on the scale more than once gives that bad voice in my head more opportunities to knock me off my horse.  When I see I've lost, I tend to "cheat" somewhere and undo the good.  When I see I've gained, I tend to throw it all away and binge.  That's why I say, "Just once a week!  Not even a peek!"

On a completely different note, I tried the macaroni shaped Shiritake Tofu Noodles . . . if you have an aversion to weird textures, I recommend steering clear.  Whether it was my upset stomach or they were just creepy, I'm not sure.  All I know is they made me gag.  Real noodles don't squeak when you chew them.  Just sayin' . . .

No comments: