Monday, December 17, 2012

N-O-T-H-I-N-G

When I say nothing has gone right today, I do mean N-O-T-H-I-N-G!

It all started with last night when I didn't get our lunches packed.  I did get our spaghetti sauce made and in the crock pot, but I didn't get the salads prepped or the pasta made.  As we were going to bed, I asked Philip, "Which should we do?  Get up at 5:30am and go to the gym?  Or get up at 5:30am and make our breakfasts and lunches?"  Even though it meant we would have to buy breakfast and lunch out, we decided to get up and go to the gym.

When the alarm went off at 5:30am, we "had a change of heart".  We ended up sleeping until 6:30am which was nice, but we really should have went to the gym.  That's when things really started going downhill.

Philip was the first to hit the kitchen.  When he did, he found while I had done everything for the spaghetti sauce and had put the crock pot on low, I had failed to plug it in.  "CRAP!" #1.

When I got to the kitchen and started to make breakfast, I discovered that a mouse had chewed through my new bag of light bread.  "CRAP!" #2.

Then the dogs (well, just Piglet) proceeded to yip and yap and squeal the entire time I was making Philip's breakfast prompting my deep, demon voice to come out as I yelled at her and threatened to make Frankie an only child again.  "CRAP!" #3.

Then, it was time for me to get dressed.  Surprisingly, I didn't put a hole in my hose.  (So, I guess something did go rightish.)  The getting ready "CRAP!" #4 and #5 came with my cute new shoes.  For some reason, I COULD NOT get the left one on my foot.  They're not quite shooties (boots + shoes), but they come up high on the top of the foot.  I didn't think my feet were swollen, and I had no problem trying them on in the store . . . although . . . now that I think of it, I think I only put on the right one . . . Even with one of Philip's shoe horns, I couldn't get it on.  After much grunting and groaning and screaming, I snapped one of my fingernails down to the quick.  That left me with the strongest desire to throw that shoe as hard as I could at the wall which would have just made things worse.

Then one of the dogs peed in the floor prompting a cleanup.  "CRAP!" #6.  Then my car started doing its weird break thing that it hasn't done in a long time.  "CRAP!" #7.

As I write all of this, I realize it doesn't sound as bad as it felt.  When I told PHilip nothing was going right, hewas so sweet.  His response to that statement was, "You have a husby that loves you madly.  Isn't that something right?"  (I'll give everyone enough time to stop gagging.)  He's right.  As long as I have him, I can never truly claim nothing is going right.  I am truly blessed.

Sadly, I want chocolate so bad right now; but I know that will not solve my frustrations.  With my resolve weekened, I definitely didn't need to come in to a desk full of Cheryl's cookies courtesy of our HR attorney; but  I will take this "opportunity" to be strong and focus on the end goal - a healthier Amy.

I take my leave of you now to go pass out these dang cookies before I eat the entire box!  Next time I ask myself "Get up and go to the gym or sleep in?" I will choose the gym!

No comments: