Monday, January 14, 2013

From the Frontlines

Tonight, Philip, Shirley, and I did our first Biggest Loser workout.  When Nancy asked me how it was, my exact response was "Hell - pure unadulterated hell."  I really have mixed emotions about it.  I don't think it is healthy or wise for a person my size to do what they wanted us to do.  On the other hand, I feel like I really have to do this.  I'm simply torn. 

The  Biggest Loser isn't the only war I'm fighting.  It hasn't even been a week since I made my deal with the devil (aka Shirley - seriously, I really do love you Shirley!).  Shirley is addicted to the scale, and I'm addicted Diet Coke.  I gave up the Diet Coke, and Shirley promised not to get on the scale but once a week.  To say it has been easy would be the biggest lie I've ever told.  I am now convinced that Diet Coke or the chemicals and crap they use to make it are truly addictive.  BUT, I am powering through!  Even tonight, when I was in tears and surely near death, I told Shirley, "Go get your fat ass on the scale.  I'm getting me a Diet Coke!"  (Gasp)  I am proud to report . . .
  1. Shirley did not get on the scale
  2. I did NOT have a Diet Coke
Even though we went to Subway after our workout, I DID NOT get a Diet Coke!   Instead, I had 2 waters even after filling Philip's cup with the luscious Diet Coke, I stayed strong!

Now, I have to give a shout out to that white devil I call my friend - Shirley!  You all should have seen her tonight!  While Philip and I were near death, she was prancing around!  Shirley, I know you think you're weak; but I am here to tell you that you are one of the STRONGEST people I know!  We ARE going to win this thing!  Can I get a "HELZ YEAH!"?

1 comment:

Shirley said...

We are doing so good! I really need to get on a scale! It feels like weeks since I weighed myself.

Oh Yeah! We ARE going to win this!