Another great night at the gym! Well, technically, every night but one has been good!
I hear myself saying things like that, and I can't help but stop myself and ask,"Who are you? And what have you done with Amy?" I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . . (clearing throat) "I have never been an exerciser - ever!" Thankfully, that Amy is gone! And I don't care if she EVER comes back! Actually, she will NEVER be back!
Tonight, I want to climb, no jump, back up on my soap box for a bit and talk about not focusing on that cruel piece of metal - the scale. Yes, I admit that I let it get under my skin; but there are things that feel so much better than a negative number on the scale. I couldn't help but relish in those tonight.
1. Saturday will be 2 - YES 2 - months since I had Diet Coke! If you had told me 2 months ago that I would give up Diet Coke, I would have laughed in your face. I had tried several times. My friend Tim and I even made a deal once - I would give up Diet Coke and he would give up smoking. I didn't even make it 48 hours! Now I have made it 2 months!
2. I did the treadmill for another hour tonight! Three months ago, I couldn't walk 10 minutes on the treadmill. Tonight I went for an hour THEN did circuit training!
3. There's one circuit training machine where you sit and push the bars down towards the ground. Until tonight, I couldn't push it past my waist thanks to my ample hips. Tonight, as I pushed down, I noticed something! I was pushing ALL the way down!!! I have lost enough of my hippy-hippy shake to properly do the machine!
4. My dress pants are falling off of me, and I can actually pull them up to my titties! I could wear them like a little romper!
5. Finally, the thing that made my heart skip and jump and leap tonight! We've made some great new friends at the gym; and tonight, one such friend and Biggest Loser buddy (shout out Linda!) was talking to us while we pounded the treadmill. When I jumped off the treadmill to get cleaner, I heard Linda say, "Amy!" When I turned back to her, she asked, "How much weight have you lost?!" She said when I jumped off the treadmill, she was like, "What?!" She said she could see an amazing difference.
46 pounds and even more accomplishments and counting!!!